Friday, December 7, 2007

Sherwood Forrest

We took a plane from Bahrain to Doncaster, England. The airport name there is Robin Hood Airport. The famous Sherwood Forrest is about 20 miles west of the airport. Sorry can't download pictures yet but I will as soon as I can.

We then took a cab ride across the English countryside to Manchester, England.

We got to the Crowne Plaza Hotel at the airport. And guess what....

Yep........No resveration.......again......none of us........

Get me a manager.....get me a cell phone......get me a room !!!!!!!

Found out after about 10 minutes of talking to scheduling and hotel personnel. We were given confirmation numbers (each his own), but the name on the confirmation was the same name, and not anyone we knew. Some Chinese name. Then when the captain was signing the paper to get our rooms with this Chinese persons name on it, he realized than the name was of Hy, one of our schedulers. She had made the reservations okay, but under HER name. AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!

We leave in the morning for Shannon, Ireland, where we will pickup a plane on Sunday and fly it back to Newark, NJ, USA.

And just in time for me to get my laundry done, and not too soon either. LOL...

No comments: