Monday, December 17, 2007

New York, New York...

Well they got me on reserve for the today and tomorrow. Just sitting here watching TV, and playing Pogo.

Pogo is a game site that Shannon told me about. My sister Diann and her husband also play games on Pogo. I have met some nice people in the game rooms. Was surprised how many aviation people are out there playing Pogo games. It keeps me off the streets and the bars. LOL...

Weather has cleared here in Newark. Very bright and cold here today.

Bought Chinese food last night. So, I am having leftovers for lunch today.

And wait by the phone for a phone call scheduling for a trip or to let me go home. Go home tomorrow anyway.

When I get home, I got to get the basement stairs finished.

Friday afternoon, I am having surgery on my right foot. They are putting an artificial joint in the big toe. It has about 4 or 5 bone spurs and arthritis in the joint. The doctor has the x-ray on his laptop. So, I am going to see if he will give me a copy. I should be off work for at least 2 months. Probably drive Susan crazy. She is not used to me being home for more than 14 days a month for the past 12 years. LOL....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it will either be divorce court or scott and I will find someplace else to live - no wait a minute you will have to find someplace else to recuperate - and yes shannon you were told about the surgery-

Anonymous said...

Hey Ron,

Good flying with you!! Would have been nice to keep the crew together. I did a Newark to Liege trip the next day, then was put in a car to go to Amsterdam. Checked into the hotel and crew sched said they needed me in Brussels. So back in the car for another 3 hours. I spent as much time in the car driving around Europe as I did in the airplane to get over there....FUN FUN. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Jim