Friday, February 1, 2008

Winter







As you can see winter has arrived in St Louis.

I had to plow the snow 3 times today. Once to get rid of the fresh fallen snow. Then 2 more times everytime the street cleaning crew came, as they kept putting the snow and slush from the street into my driveway and yard.

Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work and long hours they do for us. BUT, don't make me do my job 3 times!!!!

Main thing is that they put the street snow and slush in front of the mail box. But, the postwoman won't get out of her truck and put my mail in the mail box. She has to have "free and clear access to the mail box" from her truck, or she won't deliver my mail.

So me and the city street dept had it out today. They put a 3 foot high, 5 foot wide (measured from my grass at the curb out into the street), pile of snow in front of the mail box. Then after I remove the snow from the driveway and from in front of the mail box, 4 hours after I first plowed, and again 4 hours after that they push the big pile into my driveway!!!

So much for now.

No comments: