Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sitting in Detroit


Not much happening the last couple of days. Went to EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) on Monday night. Now just sitting in the Hampton Inn and waiting for scheduling to call with a trip.


Did find out that the FAA has changed the rules on me.


In order to fly "Heavy Metal" (FAR Part 121) I need to have 1500 hours of Pilot In Command. I only have 750 hours, but the FAA will count half of my 6500 hours of Flight Engineer time ( up to a max of 750 hours) towards the 1500 hours. So therefore I qualify to become a First Officer.


But wait....


The FAA now says that I can only count 500 of those 6500 Flight Engineer hours towards the 1500 hours. CRAP!!!!


So it is a good thing we bought an airplane. We figure it will take me about a little over a year to get the extra 250 hours PIC time I need to qualify.

No comments: