Friday, March 7, 2008

Atlanta, GA

We left Anchorage, Alaska Thursday night at 10:30pm local time for Los Angles, CA. An hour out of Anchorage, the satellite phone in the plane rang. It was scheduling. They wanted to know if our crew would be willing to ferry the aircraft to Atlanta, once the cargo was off-loaded in LAX. The First Officer and I agreed, but the Captain was going home once we got to LAX. But as luck would have it, we had another Captain on board deadheading to LAX. He agreed to go with the First Officer and me on to Atlanta out of LAX.

After off-loading the cargo in LAX, and 4 hours later, we departed for our 4 hour flight to Atlanta, GA.

Once we got to Atlanta, at 3:00 pm local time, and being up for almost 20 hours. We were taken to a hotel at the Atlanta/Hartsfield Airport.

I then took a 2 hour nap once we got checked into the hotel.

When I awoke, I took a shower to help me get awake. Then went next door to get something eat. Came back the the room and get on the internet. I opened my flight bag where I normally keep my laptop...

....NO LAPTOP!!! AAAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I had left it on the airplane!!!!!!

Quick, call Operations in Ypsilanti. Talk with the flight follower for that aircraft. He said that the plane was still on the ground. I then got a hold of the handler. The had my laptop!!! YEAHHHHH!!!

What did we ever do without laptops and cell phones?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makes you wonder what else you forget - the postflight walkaround? Parts of the checklist? Long duty days aren't good for anyone!