Monday, September 8, 2008

Been working at home...

Sorry that I haven't blogged in a week, but I have been real busy.

I have been trying to catch up on all the little things to fix around the house and also clean out one storage shed and move to a smaller one.

Saturday we went to a wedding. The young man that used to live across the street got married. He lived at our house almost half the time over the last 18 years. He is 3 years older than Scott, but they were best friends. Daniel was like a big brother to Scott.

We wish Daniel and Erica Conley the very best that life and married life has to offer.

Saturday morning while cleaning the hot tub room, we found mold on one of the walls. So yesterday and all day today I have been busy removing drywall and installing new basement windows (double pane).

We are pretty sure that a combination of the hot tub and the poor design of the original windows that the builder installed, was the cause of the mold.

I did the original drywall almost 16 years ago, before Westley was born.

Tomorrow I will install the insulation and repair some electrical outlets. Then install new green board. Green board is sheet rock that is water resistant.

Won't get to paint until I get back at the very end of the month.

Will take some photos and post later.

No comments: