Thursday, August 28, 2008

Natalie the Little Mermaid...



She calls this her "Game"...

She like to stand on the pool ladder and jump into the pool. A distance of about 3 feet from me to the ladder. She 1st stands on the top step of the ladder then directs me on where to stand, then she does a little dance where she wiggles her butt, then she LAUNCHES herself into the pool at me to catch her. And she giggles the whole time in the air. LOL...


Wednesday is the day Scott has his daughter Natalie for 3 hours. And sometimes she goes to sleep in the car ride from her moms house to our house. Last night was one of those nights.


Susan and I were in the pool cooling off after a hard days work (she at the office, me in the yard) waiting for Scott and Natalie to show up.


Natalie is a water rat, and LOVES to go swimming (along with the other grand kids).


After a while Susan and I got tired of waiting and got out and went inside to fix dinner.


When I got in the house there was Scott with Natalie in his arms, in my rocker/recliner, sleeping.


So I went up to her and started gently talking to her to wake her up (we only get her for 3 hours and 1 hours is spent in the car getting her back and forth).


I tried everything to get her to wake up but nothing was working. She was out like a light.


Then I asked her if she wanted to go SWIMMING.


Well that woke her up. LOL... She was now wide awake. Susan, Scott, and I were rolling on the floor laughing. I had finally said the "magic words" to wake her up.


These pictures were taken just 19 minutes after she woke up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.

Anonymous said...

Great fun, for "poppie" too! She is adorable. Love the detailed story.