Tuesday, July 1, 2008

K C Bar-B-Q

The restaurant/bar featured in the movie TOP GUN starring Tom Cruise, is a place in San Diego, CA.

Friends of ours, Gary and Mary who live in Los Angles, took me there a couple of months ago to see the place and eat some Kansas City style Bar-B-Q. At first I didn't want them driving the 2 hours down from LA to San Diego, with gas at $4.00 per gallon. But they insisted.

We got there, and all around this place were brand new buildings. It was just a little old one story building, surrounded by 40 story skyscrapers.

Went inside to eat and see the bar where "Mavrick and Goose" sang "Whole Lot of Shakin' Going On" and the final scene of the movie where "Mavrick" and "Charlie" get together, with the Richeous Brothers singing "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling".

Food was good and it was a very interesting place to visit.

Now I am very glad that Gary and Mary dragged me down there...

Last week the place burned down.....

Wished I would have had Gary and Mary take some pictures of me sitting at the bar where "Mavrick" sat.

But at least I can say I was in the place and had some good Bar-B-Q.

Here is a clip of a funny parody I have. Which I had a real clip of the movie with the bar scenes.

Enjoy...

No comments: